706-823-5500
Contact

The Sutherland Mill

Sutherland Mill Exterior 2  | Medical College of Georgia Foundation
MCGF Boardroom | Medical College of Georgia Foundation

Sutherland Mill was built in 1886 and is the smallest of the cotton mills along the Augusta Canal. Originally called Dartmouth Spinning Company, the mill underwent renovation in 2007 when businessman Clay Boardman brought the building back to life.

The mill was rehabilitated per L.E.E.D. (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) standards set up by the U.S. Green Building Council to promote green construction principles. The roof is highly reflective to lower conditioning expenses. Rainwater is harvested from the roof and stored for irrigation purposes.

The MCG Foundation began renovating its second-story office space in 2017 and moved to its new location in July of 2018. Paceline occupies office space on the ground floor of the building.

Sutherland Sign | Medical College of Georgia Foundation